Trapped in silence


I dreaded as the sun sets. Yet another night to approach! 6 plus years have passed, still I am being haunted by the scary past. Sick of these night mares! The thing I want to forget forever, seems to bury me forever.
I am Sruthi [name altered to keep anonymity]. This is my story, and this could be the story of many around me. As a teenage girl, life ahead for me was filled with rays of hope - a bright future filled with dreams larger than life.. Until that day, when I was 13! The people too close, who are supposed to protect me, whom I trusted - raped me and left me to a darkness I never recovered from.
Six years had passed, since am trapped into this silence, it all looks like yesterday. I am all alone in a big crowd, that's who I am! Then comes this day, when my hostel mate invited me for a music program. Bunch of talented folks played some church songs. Followed by a short message by an young preacher. He was speaking about some real life issues. Towards the end we were given an open invitation by this speaker, "New Beginnings, that's what Jesus can give you today. When all you have to do, is to trust in him." "He is your maker, one who knows the make best. There is nothing unseen before him, and nothing he can't Fix." Somewhere deep within I cried out, "Yes, I need a new beginning. Help me my God !!"
It was the 'Dawn' of a new sunrise. Never have I slept this better over many years. Old is gone New has come! Never again those scary nights. I have forgotten what I need to forget. I now have something I never had for years - smile on my face bubbling up deep from my heart! Sunsets are now beautiful.

 Written By : ICPF BANGALORE

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music : Mac Roc & E- Daniels - Yahweh [@efemacro4lyf | @_edaniels1]

Music : Nelson Akogo - Idiegwu

MUSIC: KEHINDE OSHADIPE'S TRIBUTE SONG FOR TWIN SISTER, TAIWO - MY REFLECTION (PRODUCED BY WOLE ONI)